DelEX hosts are committed to the vision, mission, and philosophy of Delbarton School. The DelEX host will:
- Provide a nurturing learning environment for the student.
- Provide each student with a safe workplace environment, free from harassment and abuse.
- Model appropriate behavior throughout the externship.
- Promote responsible student behavior.
- Under no circumstances consume illegal drugs or alcohol while a conference is underway.
- Contact a DelEX administrator as soon as possible in the event of any change in plans.
We Encourage Each Host To
- Spend ample time talking about his/her career path.
- Spend limited time talking about company information that is readily available on its website.
- Clearly state his/her role in the company.
- Walk students through a typical day.
- Avoid industry jargon unless it is carefully explained. Keep the information high level and drill down during Q&A if necessary.
- Orient the presentation around students’ questions.
Questions to Consider as You Prepare
- When you were in high school, what were your career aspirations?
- What advice would you give your high school self?
- What were the drivers behind your current career path?
- What advice would you give students regarding the Delbarton Network and how to utilize it?