The Delbarton Externship Program (“DelEX”) creates an opportunity for rising seniors to connect with alumni and parents, explore career opportunities, and extend learning beyond school boundaries.
- This year, hosts and students will have the option to choose in-person or virtual sessions.
- Alumni and parents of alumni in private enterprise or public service will invite interested students to their places of business or participate in informative, interactive Zoom sessions.
- DelEX is an opportunity for students to get a first-hand view of a professional environment, a typical workday, and real-life challenges.
- March 25: Morning meeting presentation for students
- March 28: Personal invitations sent to past hosts and target hosts
- April 8: Solicitation of new hosts begins
- May 6: Host forms due
- May 20: Portal open for students to view opportunities
- May 27: Student preferences due
- June 3: Externship schedule published
- June 13: Parent forms due (for in-person externships)
- June 13: Coaching session (mandatory for students)
- June 14: Externships begin
- July 8: Externships end